Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Philosophy behind 'Mom, I Am Hungry'

While driving to work this morning, a light bulb went on in my brain. I was thinking about how I would love to have a list of meals that my 1.5 yr old daughter loves to eat. This list would come in so handy when I am trying to come up with a healthy, tasty and quick dinner for her in the evening. I thought to myself, "I should write down the simple meals I prepare for her everyday, as they meet all of the above criteria." and, "I should probably create a blog, so that other moms might find some ideas to feed their kids as well." TADA!!!


This is why I created this space. For us moms. I will write down the meals I prepare for Mungi (as I affectionately call my daughter) here. Many of the meals will have an Indian, specially marathi, origin, as I am from Pune,India. American recipes and ingredients will also make a frequent appearance, as I live in the US. Also, most of the meals will be dinner ideas. That is the only meal she eats at home on weekdays. (She goes to a daycare center as both of us work full time.) However, I will also try to include breakfasts, lunches and snacks that I feed her during weekends.


I would love to hear what you all think about recipes featured here. If you would like to share a recipe, a trick that works to feed your kid or a healthy twist to old favorites, please leave a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment